As in past years, the RNA Society has funds available to provide travel fellowships in support of researchers who otherwise would not be able to attend the meeting for financial reasons. This year we have budgeted $30,000 for this purpose, but we are also soliciting additional support from corporate sponsors, so more funds may be available later. In most cases the fellowships will be made in the form of reduced or waived registration fees, although it is possible that some contribution toward travel costs could be made in addition to the fee waiver. Travel reimbursement, if awarded, will be presented in the form of a check from the RNA Society either during or after the close of the conference (keep your travel receipts; they will be required to receive reimbursement!).
- Previous awardees are not eligible to receive a fellowship.
- No more than one fellowship per research group will be granted.
- Fellowships are restricted to RNA Society members. Click here to become a member or to renew your membership.
- Abstracts submitted with this travel fellowship application will NOT be entered into the conference registration system. You will need to make a separate conference registration, followed by a separate abstract submission once you have registered for the conference.
- If you plan to apply for the RNA Society Scaringe Award you can do that in addition to applying for this fellowship. You will only be able to receive one, but we can easily remove your name from consideration for this fellowship if you receive the other award.
The application deadline for travel fellowships is February 15th. The conference organizers will review your request, and decisions will be communicated by email no later than February 25th. Registration and abstracts must then be submitted by March 1st to be considered for an oral presentation, or by March 31st to meet the poster-only deadline.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com. If you wish to apply for a fellowship, please complete the following on-line application.