Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to perform basic research to increase our understand on how ASOs target RNA to modulate the expression of genes. The position offers the opportunity to do groundbreaking science and make discoveries that will create the next generation of ASO medicines. The selected candidate will become an integral part of an interdisciplinary and energetic team of scientists in the Ionis functional genomics group.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology or cell biology
- Post-doctoral research in the RNA field with a proven track record of innovative research, including publications in top tier scientific journals
- Candidates will be considered that have studied RNA biology in cell free systems or in cultured cells
- Proven track record of performing advanced laboratory techniques frequently used in RNA research including ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, CLIP-seq, ChiRP, FISH, SHAPE, and CRISPR editingis preferred
- Self-starter who is a critical thinker, has a strong work ethic and is not afraid to take risks
- Outstanding organizational, communication and team skills
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # IONIS02148
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.