Dicerna Pharmaceuticals is looking for a PhD scientist to help in its drug discovery efforts. This is a hands-on research position that requires strong expertise in molecular and cellular methodologies. Responsibilities will entail a combination of bioinformatics and drug discovery work. This is a full-time position. Dicerna offers an exciting work environment and strong team culture. Our company has a competitive benefits package and bonus incentive program.
- Computational Biology analyses (e.g. RNA-seq data analysis); development and implementation of novel algorithmic tools for drug candidate screening
- siRNA drug candidate screening, hit identification, and lead optimization
- Cellular and molecular biology methodologies, e.g., mammalian cell culture; in vitro screening; cell-based assays; PCR
- PhD in a relevant field and 0-5 year’s postgraduate experience, preferably in drug discovery and in an industry setting.
- Experience in informatics is required (e.g. next-gen sequencing data analysis; informatics tool development; data mining; with expertise in R and R:Bioconductor suite, Python, PERL and/or PHP preferred).
- Expertise in statistical analysis is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology is essential (e.g., mammalian cell culture; cell-based assays; quantitative real-time PCR)
- Experience with RNAi is preferred.
- The individual should have strong oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to group projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to perform and interpret experiments reliably, and to advance projects aggressively towards defined goals is expected.
Contact: Maire Osborn