We founded Sixfold to tackle the biggest challenge in healthcare: how to safely deliver therapeutics to diseased cells. We saw the huge potential of Cell and Gene therapies being limited to how safely and effectively they can be systemically delivered in people. Motivated by the impact our technology could make, we’ve been working hard in the lab and are now looking for scientists to help scale our preclinical research program. We’re proud of the company we’ve built and our team is Sixfold’s biggest competitive advantage. Our scientists are creative and iterate fast because they want to see what they do in the lab make a difference in the clinic. If you want to help cure the incurable, you belong with us.
As an RNA Chemist you’ll have the opportunity to build a radically different approach to how we deliver RNA therapeutics in vivo. You’ll be applying your knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry to design and synthesise RNA that enhances Sixfold’s proprietary drug delivery systems. You’ll be utilising intra- and extra-cellular systems to ‘hack’ biology for more effective therapeutic potential.
We know this is a big challenge, which is why you’ll be working in close collaboration with our multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists and computational scientists. You’ll become familiar with areas of science and preclinical research you might not be typically exposed to. As we work towards our common goal you’ll see how teams function as part of a rapidly growing startup.
Your work will make invaluable contributions to the scientific and strategic direction of the company, which is why we will give you all the support to help achieve your goals. Oh, and being funded by a prestigious Horizon 2020 Innovation Associate grant from the European Commission means you’ll gain access to additional financial support to develop your skills and build your network!
During the first year, you’ll
- Lead the development and optimisation of RNA for therapeutic use including considerations of stability and translational efficiency.
- Establish innovative chemistries for increasing the potential of Sixfold’d drug delivery systems.
- Design and execute robust experiments, interpret data and communicate findings.
- Support and contribute to publishing, patenting and grant writing efforts; supervising of a junior researcher(s).
Who you are
You need to be passionate about utilising nucleic acids in innovative and transformative ways to cure disease. Specifically, you should be someone who is:
- Awarded or soon-to-be-awarded with a PhD degree in RNA (Bio)chemistry or equivalent scientific discipline.
- Strong background in RNA and/or DNA chemistry.
- €58,000-62,000 gross annual salary.
- €4,000 relocation package (e.g. removals, travel costs, family travel costs, visa costs).
- €5,500 for training and conferences.
- Three EU funded industrial innovation management training events in Belgium (2-3 days each).
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field.
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team.
- Inclusive company culture.
- The chance to see your ideas and research make an impact in a fast-growing start-up.
- Team-wide social events.
- 25 days paid vacation (not including bank holidays)
- PhD in (Bio)chemistry or equivalent scientific discipline.
- To have resided or carried out your main activity in the UK for no more than 12 months in the previous 3 years.
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply here: http://bit.ly/H2020-RNA
- Visit our website: https://www.sixfold.bio/
- Application deadline: November 30th 2019.
- Start Date: No later than December 31st