At Sixfold we’re building a better way to deliver cures. We see the huge potential of Cell and Gene therapies being limited by how safely and effectively they can be systemically delivered in people. Our scientists are creative and iterate fast because they want to see what they do in the lab make a difference in the clinic.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and independent RNA Biologist to join our team. Specifically, we are looking for an experienced scientist who is passionate about transforming how we cure disease. As a rapidly growing start-up, your work will make invaluable contributions to the scientific and strategic direction of the company.
What you’ll do
- Develop novel assays to test the efficacy and safety of Sixfold’s technology.
- Design and execute robust laboratory experiments, interpret data, communicate findings, and maintain high-quality records.
- Work closely with Sixfold’s chemistry and computational team.
- Supervise junior members of staff.
- Support and contribute to publishing and grant writing efforts.
- PhD in Cell biology, Molecular biology or a related discipline.
- Expertise in RNA biology
- Cellular and molecular biology techniques, including: PCR, DNA/RNA transfections, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, WesternBlotting, histology and qPCR.
- Design and optimisation of RNA-based therapeutics such as mRNA and siRNA.
- Ability to create and implement new assays.
- Generation of engineered cell lines and prior experience in generating complex DNA constructs for gene expression.
- Drug delivery experience.
Who you are
- Use creativity and scientific intuition for designing and undertaking experiments.
- Can work in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Drive innovative research through the application of new techniques and technology, as well as internal and external collaborations.
- Have a desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity based remuneration.
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial team.
- Flexible hours.
- The chance to see your ideas and research make an impact in a fast-growing start-up.
- Work at the Translation & Innovation Hub (I-HUB), home to a vibrant international start-up community (and free coffee!).
- Team-wide social events.
Located in London, Sixfold is a YCombinator and venture-backed startup. Founded by researchers from the University of Cambridge and the Francis Crick Institute, we’re dedicated to expanding the potential of Cell and Gene therapies, so that ultimately we can cure more diseases in more people. It’s why we started Sixfold — to make a difference. We work at the cutting edge of science by fostering collaborations with the world’s best institutions and the sharpest minds. If you want to help cure the incurable, you belong with us.
It’s important to mention that although disease affects us all, our industry still displays a huge lack of diversity — this needs to change. Our founding team is comprised of different nationalities and is 2/3rds female founders. Our goal is to create a company culture that promotes ideas and the inclusion of scientists and engineers from all backgrounds.
Find out more
- For more info see: https://www.sixfold.bio
- Informal enquiries email: email@example.com
- To apply: http://bit.ly/sixfold-job-app