Utilise RNA in innovative ways to cure disease.
At Sixfold we’re building a better way to deliver cures. We see the huge potential of gene therapies being limited to how effectively they can be systemically delivered in people. Our scientists are creative and iterate fast because they want to see what they do in the lab make a difference in the clinic.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and independent researcher to join our team. Specifically, we are looking for skilled scientists that are passionate about utilising nucleic acids in innovative and transformative ways to cure disease. As a rapidly growing start-up, your work will make invaluable contributions to the scientific and strategic direction of the company.
- PhD with specialisation in RNA Biochemistry/Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, Nanotechnology or equivalent scientific discipline.
- Hands-on experience in RNA synthesis, purification, characterisation formulation, and stability testing.
- mRNA translational control and RNA processing.
- Expertise in analytical techniques including HPLC, LC-MS GC-MS.
- Cell biology expertise in mammalian cell culture and cell visualisation using techniques such as confocal microscopy and flow cytometry.
Who you are
- Use creativity and scientific intuition for designing and undertaking experiments.
- Can work in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Drive innovative research through the internalisation of new techniques and technology, as well as forming internal and external collaborations.
- Have a desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do
- Lead the development and optimisation of RNA for therapeutic use.
- Design and execute robust laboratory experiments, interpret data, communicate findings, and maintain high-quality records.
- Support and contribute to publishing and grant writing efforts.
- Highly competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity based remuneration.
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field.
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team.
- Inclusive company culture.
- The chance to see your ideas and research make an impact in a fast-growing start-up.
- Opportunities for personal, professional and scientific development.
- Team-wide social events.
Who we are Located in London, Sixfold is a YCombinator and venture-backed startup. Founded by researchers from the University of Cambridge and the Francis Crick Institute, we’re dedicated to expanding the potential of gene therapies, so that ultimately we can cure more diseases in more people. It’s why we started Sixfold — to make a difference. We work at the cutting edge of science by fostering collaborations with the world’s best institutions and the sharpest minds. If you want to help cure the incurable, you belong with us.
It’s important to mention that although disease affects us all, our industry still displays a huge lack of diversity — this needs to change. Our founding team is comprised of different nationalities and is 2/3rds female founders. Our goal is to create a company culture that promotes ideas and the inclusion of scientist and engineers from all backgrounds.
Find out more
- For more info see: https://www.sixfold.bio
- Informal enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply: http://bit.ly/sixfold-job-app