The RNA Research Division at New England Biolabs is seeking a motivated, energetic, and scientifically rigorous individual to join a team engaged in research and development of new and innovative tools for making, manipulating, and studying RNA. Projects are part of a basic research program that is exploring the use of in vitro synthesized modified RNAs for biopharmaceutical applications. Research will be undertaken in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of experiments, the optimization of protocols, and the generation and communication of proof-of-concept data.
- Plan and perform experiments to support a research program focused on engineering, characterization, and evaluation of RNA polymerase variants for in vitro synthesis of modified RNA and understanding the biological consequences of synthetic modified RNA.
- Effectively communicate the ongoing progress of the projects, including the preparation of technical summaries and protocols.
- Ph.D. in RNA Biology, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record in RNA biochemistry and biology, protein analyses, and standard molecular biology techniques.
- Demonstrated track record of producing high-quality work in the form of peer-reviewed publications.
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and verbal communication, skills; ability to generate and maintain detailed lab records and to make recommendations based on research outcomes.
- A strong work ethic, with an emphasis on both efficiency and quality of work.
- Experience in structural analyses of RNA and/or in tools to optimize RNA structure and expression will be a plus.
- The ability to multi-task effectively while working independently, and/or to contribute to team goals while working in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to research excellence, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and enthusiasm to learn and develop new techniques.
For more information contact: email@example.com