An industrial postdoctoral position is immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Erbay Yigit at New England Biolabs (NEB) in Ipswich, MA. Projects will be a part of a research program that aims to identify and characterize enzymes that post-transcriptionally modify RNA using genetic and biochemical approaches. Research will be undertaken in a highly collaborative environment where publication of results is expected. Duration is 3 years.
• Characterize and engineer RNA modifying enzymes.
• Carry out and publish original scientific research.
• Be a creative, independent and productive scientist.
• Interact and collaborate with other members of the RNA Biology Division and other research divisions to further program and division goals.
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
• Technical expertise in RNA manipulation, RNA enzymes and analysis.
• Technical expertise in standard molecular biology techniques.
• Publication of original scientific work in high-quality journals.
• Demonstrated scientific communication in both formal and informal settings.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong work ethic, emphasizing both efficiency and quality of work.
• Expertise in RNA enzymes.
• Expertise in protein purification.
• Expertise in protein engineering.
• Experience with analysis of large datasets and high-throughput sequencing.