Postdoc positions are available in the Rafal Ciosk lab (starting in January 2018) at the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences. Successful candidates will engage in the research project “Regulation of body fat: From novel mechanisms to therapeutic targets” funded by Foundation for Polish Science (FNP).
We study molecular mechanisms, particularly posttranscriptional, controlling gene expression. We also investigate how these mechanisms impact physiology and, in disease, can lead to pathologies. We primarily, but not exclusively, use C. elegans as a model system.
For more details, please visit:
Salary: 12,000-15,000 PLN gross, depending on the candidate’s research experience and achievements.
Contract period: 36 months
For application, please submit the following documents to:
1. Letter of application addressed to the Director of IBCH PAS
2. Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae
3. Certified copy of the PhD diploma (or MSc diploma along with a certification issued by the supervisor, confirming the estimated date of doctoral dissertation defense);
4. Detailed information on the candidate’s research, organizational experience and achievements including:
– the list of scientific papers
– list of inventions, patents, implementations
– information on managing or participating in research projects
– information on scientific scholarships
– information on awards, prizes, distinctions, etc.
5. Contact details of three referees, including a PhD advisor
Please include in your letter:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”