Several PhD positions are available within the RNA biology program associated with the collaborative research center SFB960 ‘RNP biogenesis: assembly of ribosomes and non-ribosomal RNPs and control of their function’ at the University of Regensburg.
The University of Regensburg with its over 21.000 students is an innovative and interdisciplinary university, which provides a broad variety of research projects and disciplines for German and foreign students. The collaborative research center SFB960 investigates different aspects of the exciting field of RNA – protein complex formation and function in various model organisms. The network is embedded into a modern and excellent research infrastructure at the University of Regensburg and the nearby University Hospital providing state-of-the-art technologies for biophysical, biochemical, molecular, cellular and systems biological approaches. We invite highly motivated and dedicated students who are excited about modern, cutting edge RNA biology research especially in the areas of lncRNAs, miRNAs, piRNAs, RNA localization, RNA methylation, RNA-protein structure and translational control, RNA synthesis and maturation, and RNA pathobiology of cancer (for more information, please visit www.sfb960.de).
Successful applicants will be invited to a final selection symposium planned for July 2019.
- An excellent Master’s degree in Biology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Molecular Medicine or a similar discipline
- Dedication for basic research in modern life science and particularly in RNA biology
- Team spirit, extraordinary motivation and the ability to work in highly competitive research fields
- A very well equipped research environment and expertise in state-of-the-art methodology (e.g. high-end mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, protein-RNA crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy, confocal microscopy, single molecule analysis).
- Integration into the structured PhD program (degree awarded: Dr. rer. nat.) of the Regensburg International Graduate School of Life Sciences (www.rigel-regensburg.de) and the Graduate Research Academy RNA Biology (www.graduate-academy.sfb960.de) including mentoring by an expert group, soft skill courses etc.
- Employment as research assistant according to the German pay scale TV-L 13 for 3 years (with possible extension).
Please submit your application including a motivation letter indicating your project(s) preference(s) within the SFB960 framework, a full CV, appropriate certificates and the names and contact information of two referees as a single pdf by no later than June 24, 2019 via email to the following address: Application.SFB@nullur.de.
The University of Regensburg is committed to the compatibility of family and career (for more information, please visit www.uni-regensburg.de/equal-opportunities). Preference will be given to people with disabilities in the case of otherwise equal aptitude. Unfortunately, expenses associated with a possible interview cannot be completely reimbursed.