- Challenge: use your nucleic acid chemistry experience to build a radically different approach to drug delivery
- Required: RNA and/or DNA synthesis experience
- Start-date: spring 2020
- Salary: £35–50,000 per year, depending on experience
- Position: Full-time/ permanent
We founded Sixfold to tackle the biggest challenge in healthcare: how to safely deliver therapeutics to diseased cells. We saw the huge potential of gene therapies being limited to how safely and effectively they can be systemically delivered in people. Motivated by the impact our technology could make, we’ve been working hard in the lab and are now looking for scientists to help scale our preclinical research program. We’re proud of the company we’ve built and our team is Sixfold’s biggest competitive advantage. Our scientists are creative and iterate fast because they want to see what they do in the lab make a difference in the clinic. If you want to help cure the incurable, you belong with us.
As an RNA Chemist you’ll have the opportunity to build a radically different approach to how we deliver RNA therapeutics in vivo. You’ll be applying your knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry to design and synthesise oligos that enhance our proprietary drug delivery systems. You’ll be utilising intra- and extra-cellular systems to ‘hack’ biology for more effective therapeutic potential.
During the first year, you’ll
- Lead the development and optimisation of RNA for therapeutic use including considerations of stability.
- Establish innovative chemistries for increasing the potential of Sixfold’d drug delivery systems.
- Support and contribute to publishing, patenting and grant writing efforts; supervising of a junior researcher(s).
Who you are
You need to be passionate about utilising nucleic acids in innovative and transformative ways to cure disease. Specifically, you should be someone who has a strong background in RNA and/or DNA chemistry and synthesis.
- Regular team-wide social events
- Equity based remuneration
- Inclusive company culture
- See your ideas and research make an impact in a fast-growing start-up
- 25 days paid vacation (+ bank holidays)
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com