About Sixfold Bioscience
We founded Sixfold to tackle the biggest challenge in healthcare: how to safely deliver therapeutics to diseased cells. We saw the huge potential of Cell and Gene therapies being limited to how safely and effectively they can be systemically delivered in people. Motivated by the impact our technology could make, we’ve been working hard in the lab and are now looking for scientists to help scale our preclinical research program. We’re proud of the company we’ve built and our team is Sixfold’s biggest competitive advantage. Our scientists are creative and iterate fast because they want to see what they do in the lab make a difference in the clinic. If you want to help cure the incurable, you belong with us.
As an RNA nanotechnologist you’ll have the opportunity to radically improve how we deliver Cell and Gene therapeutics. You’ll learn how to use computational methods to build advanced functionalities into our drug delivery systems to improve both safety and efficacy. You’ll be working in-sync with intra- and extra-cellular systems to ‘hack’ biology for more effective RNA based therapeutics.
We know this is a big challenge, which is why you’ll be working in close collaboration with our multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists and computational scientists. You’ll become familiar with areas of science you might not be typically exposed to. As we work towards our common goal you’ll see how teams function as part of a rapidly growing startup.
Your work will make invaluable contributions to the scientific and strategic direction of the company, which is why we will give you all the support to help achieve your goals. Oh, and being funded by a prestigious Horizon 2020 Innovation Associate grant from the European Commission means you’ll gain access to additional financial support to develop your skills and build your network!
During the first year, you’ll
- Apply computational techniques to adapt and optimize Sixfold’s proprietary oligonucleotide delivery systems for therapeutic cargo.
- Utilise your computational background for the modelling and simulation of RNA.
- Work in collaboration with our chemistry and computational teams to improve the speed and accuracy of RNA software.
- [Optional] Support and contribute to publishing, patenting and grant writing efforts; supervising of a junior researcher(s).
Who you are
You need to be passionate about utilising nucleic acids in innovative and transformative ways to cure disease. Specifically, you should be someone who is:
- Awarded or soon-to-be-awarded with a PhD degree in either Biophysics, RNA Nanotechnology, DNA nanotechnology, Computational (Bio)Chemistry or equivalent scientific discipline.
- Familiar with RNA nanotechnology software, such as: Murlet, RNAbuild, Revolvr, Ligate, Trace, Nupack, RiboSketch, Hyperfold, MPGAfold, KNetFold, NanoTiler, RNA2D3D and StructureLab.
- €58-62,000 gross annual salary.
- 12 month full-time position.
- €4,000 relocation package (e.g. removals, travel costs, family travel costs, visa costs).
- €5,500 for training and conferences.
- Participation at a European Commission kick-off meeting in Brussels
- Possibility of full time employment following the 1 year Horizon 2020 Innovation Associate program, including employee stock options.
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field.
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team.
- The chance to see your ideas and research make an impact in a fast-growing start-up.
- Team-wide social events.
- 25 days paid vacation (not including bank holidays)
The application process consists of the following:
- September 1st at 11:59pm: Applications close.
- September 2nd: Shortlisted candidates notified.
- September 2-5th: Skills-based challenge for Shortlisted candidates (remote).
- September 6th: Candidates invited to interview.
- September 9-11th: Interviews (via Skype).
- October 15th: Start date.
- Awarded or soon-to-be-awarded with a PhD
- To have resided or carried out your main activity in the UK for no more than 12 months in the previous 3 years.
- Be able to relocate to London.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Apply here: http://bit.ly/H2020-RNA
Visit our website: https://www.sixfold.bio/