The H3 Biomedicine Postdoctoral Program provides an environment for scientists to undertake innovative academic-focused research projects in a biotech industry setting. H3 Biomedicine offers a framework for scientists to design and execute their research plans and provide appropriate training with a goal to present research at major scientific conferences and publication of results in leading peer-reviewed journals.
We seek highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join the H3 Biomedicine Postdoctoral Program based at our facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Individuals will interact with a team of scientists working towards understanding the role of RNA splicing in cancer and identifying novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment of targeted patient populations. H3 Biomedicine provides a state-of-the-art research facility and interactions with scientists from multiple disciplines including bioinformatics and genomics, target discovery, structural biology, enzymology, drug discovery and chemistry.
H3 Biomedicine has built a world-class research effort that applies cancer genomics and next generation chemistry geared towards the identification of novel cancer medicines. A major area of research at H3 Biomedicine is in RNA biology and RNA splicing in cancer. We have pioneered methods to drug the spliceosome and apply this knowledge to modulating deregulated cancer-specific splice events. Our ultimate goal is the discovery and development of novel therapies for the treatment of genomically-defined cancer patients.
We seek to attract postdoctoral candidates interested in pursuing research in the following three areas:
• Exploring the disease mechanisms of spliceosome mutations in cancer (e.g. SF3B1, U2AF1, SRSF2) and nodes for therapeutic intervention with small molecule splicing modulators
• The structural basis for splicing modulation approaches and aberrant splicing in SF3B1 mutant cancers.
• Discovery and validation of driver RNA splicing alterations in cancer and identification of target modulation strategies to enable precision medicine.
• Regular interactions with mentor, and academic external advisor as appropriate, to formulate and execute research plans
• Regular presentations at Scientific Founders Meeting to the H3 Biomedicine senior scientists and our academic founders Stuart Schreiber, PhD and Todd Golub, MD.
• Presentation/publication of research at major scientific conferences/journals
• Potential for transition into full-time employment should appropriate positions be available at the end of the postdoctoral position
The applicant must have completed, or is anticipated to complete within the next 3 months, a Ph.D. in Biology, Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Biochemistry or a related field. Previous research experience in the area of RNA biology/splicing, cancer biology or structural biology/crystallography is desirable. Candidates should have displayed an ability to produce high quality research in peer-reviewed journals
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs
Interested candidates may forward a CV to [email protected]