10th EMBO Conference on Ribosome Synthesis – Brussels, Belgium – August 19-23, 2015
Nenad Ban (ETH Zurich)
David Tollervey (Wellcome Trust Edinburgh)
The 2015 EMBO Conference on Ribosome Assembly will be held at the Hotel Metropole in downtown Brussels from August 19-23, 2015.
The meeting will focus on the mechanisms of ribosome assembly in eukaryotes and prokaryotes, the molecular basis for ribosomopathies, the role of specialized ribosomes. Two exciting Keynote presentations from Nenad Ban and David Tollervey will focus on the structural and molecular cell biology of ribosome assembly. Oral presentations will be selected from submitted abstracts.
Planned sessions include:
- Ribosome assembly (Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes)
- Structural aspects of ribosome biogenesis
- rRNA transcription, epigenetics and growth regulation
- Animal models to study ribosome biogenesis and ribosomopathies
- Quality control of ribosome assembly
- Subcellular trafficking of assembly intermediates
- Nucleolar structure and dynamics
- Specialized ribosomes in development and cell differentiation
Registration for this meeting will open in March 2015. Further details can be found at: http://ribosome.scripps.edu/
Funds have been secured to provide a number of student/postdoc travel scholarships, especially for participants from the following countries: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Taiwan and Turkey.
The organizing committee
Sander Granneman (U Edinburgh)
Katrin Karbstein (The Scripps Research Institute)
Denis Lafontaine (U Brussels)
Tom Meier (Albert Einstein College of Medicine)
Joost Zomerdijk (U Dundee)