The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an innovative centre for basic research created in December 2000 by initiative of the former Department of Universities, Research and Information Society (DURSI) of the Catalan Government. The CRG is legally constituted as a non-profit foundation and has the participation from the Catalan Government through the Economy and Knowledge Department (DECO) and the Health Department (DS), as well as from the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), and the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO).
The mission of the CRG is to promote excellent basic research in biomedicine, cutting-edge technology development and high quality training of the next generation of scientists. The CRG has a highly international culture and the working language is English.
For more information visit our website http://www.crg.eu
We offer a contract for a post-doctoral researcher in the group of Dr. Gian Gaetano Tartaglia. The lab, which was recently awarded an ERC grant, uses both computational and experimental methods to discover interactions between macromolecules. The post is for a computational biologist that will study protein-RNA interaction networks and will develop predictive methods to guide novel experimental assays.
• Carry out a research project on the exploitation of large protein-RNA networks to implement ‘ad hoc’ predictive methods.
• Interact strongly with other researchers in the lab (PhD students and Post Docs) who work on closely related topics.
• The candidate will have a PhD title and a strong publication record.
• The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of cell and molecular biology and familiarity with omics technologies. The candidate will also have excellent computing/programming/scripting skills. Good knowledge of machine learning algorithms (i.e.: ANN, SVM, Random Forests) and standard statistical software (i.e.: R) are desirable. Previous experience in large-scale biological data integration and relational database management systems (i.e.: MySQL, PostgreSQL) are a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Highly motivated, creative and interactive person, with ability to work independently.
• Good communication skills in English.
• Work contract: one year renewable up to 5 years.
• Estimated annual gross salary: according to profile and experience.
• Starting date: January 2013.
Applications are welcome from now on until December, 2012.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Tartaglia and include a CV with a cover letter and contacts of 2-3 references indicating offer reference (BG-GFE-COMPUTATIONAL POSTDOC-1012) in the subject line.
Please submit your application to the following email addresses: [email protected]